Why Work at Blackhawk Bank?
Work Smart, Play Hard
Employees from various locations and departments, make up our CORE Team. This dedicated team plans and executes employee engagement, volunteer efforts, and celebrations. They also manage the Bank's CORE Awards program, recognizing individuals and teams for extraordinary service and volunteerism.
- Community Service Award: Recognizes individuals and groups of employees who step up to volunteer as a representative of the Bank in our communities.
- T.E.A.M. Award - "Together Everyone Achieves More": Recognizes teams that display attributes such as internal or external customer delight, quality improvement to systems and processes and meet their financial commitments in completing their project while fostering a sense of teamwork.
- STAR Award: Recognizes employees who day-in and day-out can be depended upon to perform their job duties in an exceptional way.
- SUPERSTAR Award: While our STARS do a great job day-in and day-out, our SUPERSTARS take their greatness to the next level.
We Value Diversity
Ongoing Training and Development
Leadership Academy is a 9-month development program for Blackhawk Bank employees who have a passion for improving skills that will help them advance personally and professionally. During the twice-monthly sessions, members read books and articles, view topical videos, and manage a minimum of three important projects.
Participation in Leadership Academy is designed to:
- Increase one’s understanding of what it means to be a respected contributor to a team
- Heighten one’s ability to communicate effectively
- Advance the skills that are required to be successful in a people-centric environment for the benefit of self, colleagues and clients
- Connect participants with established leaders and provide a greater opportunity to network with peers
Seventy-five percent of the participants in Leadership Academy have been promoted within their department, or switched their career trajectory to another division of the Bank!