Blackhawk Bank’s Online Bill Pay for Business will help you streamline the back-office functions of your small business and allow you to make payments to virtually any individual or company with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico through your online banking account. Examples include utilities, office supply bills, consultants or independent contractors. In addition to making payments, you can run customized reports, delegate tasks and set permission controls. It all adds up to give you more resources you need and more time to focus on your business.
Most online bill payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via secure transmission. All other payments are made by paper checks mailed via the U.S. Postal Service. Generally, your payment is received within two to seven days, depending on whether it is sent electronically or via paper check. Funds are withdrawn from your account on the payment date, if sent electronically.
Online Bill Pay is one of the safest ways for your business to pay bills. It helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases privacy because you only can access your account information, account numbers and payment history.
Benefits of Online Bill Pay for Business
The major benefits are true control and total convenience for you. This means you’ll be able to:
- Pay your business’s bills and view payment activity anytime, anywhere
- Delegate the payment responsibilities you want to by specifying who can make payments, which payments they can make and the maximum payment amount
- Set permission controls so you maintain the final say
- Quickly run customized reports with the information your business needs
- Reduce your paperwork and bookkeeping
- Maintain more control over cash flow
- Increase your security
Features of Bill Pay
- Import payees from Quicken or QuickBooks directly into your Online Bill Pay account
- Set up recurring payments for bills that are consistent every month; examples include insurance payments, contractual payments or your office lease
- Pay multiple invoices at once
- Run reports that allow you to have the audit information you need, review your spending and view the payment activity of your authorized users
- Improve cash flow with account-to-account transfers
- Automate your payroll and expense reimbursement, saving time, improving organization and enhancing control
Getting Started with Online Bill Pay for Business
You can set up payees and start making payments in a few easy steps. For additional instructions on how to get started and utilize all the features Bill Pay has to offer, please reference the Bill Pay section of our Online Banking User Guide.