October 12, 2020 (Beloit, WI) – Blackhawk Bank’s annual Grateful Giving Thanksgiving Food Drive starts Monday, October 12th and will run through Friday, November 6th, 2020. The goal of this community food drive is to provide Thanksgiving Day meals for families in need through the Bank’s mission partners. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many challenges, one of them being an increase of families in need during the holiday season.
Blackhawk Bank’s ten mission partners include The Salvation Army of Beloit, St. Vincent DePaul of Beloit, Caritas, Old Stone Church of Northern Winnebago County, Victory Outreach of Rockford, Rock River Valley Food Pantry of Rockford, YWCA of Janesville, Empower Boone (Formerly Belvidere/Boone County Food Pantry), FISH of McHenry, and Wauconda Island Food Pantry.
Non-perishable items being collected include stuffing mix, instant potatoes, canned cranberries, yams, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, fruit, macaroni and cheese, cake mix, and icing. Monetary donations collected during this food drive will be evenly distributed among the mission partners and be used to purchase turkeys and hams.
Blackhawk’s goal is to collect $11,000 and 4000 non-perishables by November 6th, 2020 for a timely distribution to the local food pantries. Donations will be accepted at any Blackhawk Bank location:
- Downtown Beloit Banking Center- 400 Broad Street, Beloit, WI 53511
- Beloit-East Banking Center- 2200 Cranston Road, Beloit WI 53511
- Janesville Banking Center- 2525 Milton Avenue, Janesville, WI 53545
- Belvidere Banking Center- 2141 North State Street, Belvidere, IL 61008
- Rockford 11th Street Banking Center – 3101 11th Street Rockford, IL 61109
- Rockford Perryville Banking Center- 2475 North Perryville Road, Rockford, IL 61109
- Roscoe Banking Center- 5506 Clayton Circle, Roscoe, IL 61073
- Machesney Park Banking Center- 9609 Forest Hills Road, Machesney Park, IL 61115
- McHenry Banking Center- 3814 West Elm Street, McHenry, IL 60050
- Island Lake Banking Center- 660 East State Road, Island Lake, IL 60042
- Richmond Banking Center- 9705 Prairie Ridge Road, Richmond, IL 60071
- Kane Business Center- 2205 Point Boulevard, Suite 205, Elgin, IL 60123
Progress for this year’s Grateful Giving can be tracked through Blackhawk Bank’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
About Blackhawk Bank
Established in 1881, Blackhawk Bank has served individuals, families and business owners for 139 years. The Bank operates eleven full-service banking centers in Beloit and Janesville, Wisconsin and in Rockford, Belvidere, Machesney Park, Roscoe, McHenry, Island Lake, and Richmond, Illinois. The Bank also operates a Business Banking Center in Elgin, Illinois and a Mortgage Processing Center in Roscoe, Illinois. Complete information about Blackhawk Bank can be found at www.blackhawkbank.com. Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender