Follow the list below to get started, today.
2. Verify all debit card purchases, automatic payments and checks have cleared the account you plan to close.
3. Send the Easy Switch Direct Deposit Authorization to change your direct deposit from your employer, social security, pension, etc.
4. Send the Easy Switch Automatic Payment Authorization to change your automatic payment to your cell phone carrier, utility companies, insurance company, etc.
(Tip: Reviewing your previous six months of statements will help identify payees.)
5. Review Online Bill Pay for the account you plan to close and stop all automatic payments.
6. Set up Bill Payments through Blackhawk Bank's Online Banking, known as NetTeller.
7. Send the Easy Switch Account Closing Authorization to the bank where the account is being closed.