We give you spending power when you need it most
A selection of the best VisaⓇ business credit cards in Illinois & Wisconsin
Choose between opening a business credit card account with either Blackhawk VisaⓇ Platinum Business Rewards, VisaⓇ Platinum Business, or VisaⓇ Corporate based on their perks and your requirements.
|Visa® Platinum Business Rewards||
Earn unlimited 1x rewards on every purchase, every day
|Visa® Platinum Business||None|
|Visa® Corporate||Points or cashback available|
VisaⓇ Platinum Business Rewards
- Absence of annual fees
- Ability to assign credit cards to your employees for business expenses
- Using cash advance for short-term borrowing, large purchases, and payroll
- Advanced security procedures
VisaⓇ Platinum Business
- Expense tracking
- Transaction reporting
- Cost tracking divided by category
- Setting employee card limits
- Capability for online and offline purchases
- Foreign travel assistance
- Cash access and card reissue
- Car rental insurance available in certain countries
- Worldwide card acceptance
- Access to business lounges
What we offer on rewards and non-rewards products
Explore numerous advanced features
- EMV/chip enabled
- Apple, Samsung, Google, Visa Checkout
- Cardholder inquiry service
- Lost or stolen card reporting
- Emergency card replacement
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Zero liability fraud support
- Travel & emergency assistance services
- Purchase security/extended protection
- Roadside dispatch
- Online account information- MyCardStatement.com
- Verified by Visa
- Fraud alert notices: email, text, & (Interactive Voice Technology) IVR
- Travel accident insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
How do business credit cards work?
A business credit card is a specialized type of credit card intended for use by businesses and organizations instead of individuals. These types of credit cards are the best solution for small business owners in particular because it gives them a chance to keep their personal and business expenses separate for both tax and bookkeeping purposes. These cards often come with a set of unique perks.
In general, they make opening a business credit card in Illinois and Wisconsin and completing all the processing that it does for revolving business loans efficient. These types of cards tend to have a slightly higher interest rate when compared to traditional loans, but their practicality and ease of use make up for that.
Business owners can apply for a VisaⓇ or any other business credit card either with a Social Security Number or an EIN number. From there, the business will also establish its credit report and history, meaning that all credit card activity will reflect in the report.
What are the biggest benefits of small business credit cards?
Some of the biggest benefits of choosing to partner with Blackhawk Bank and open a business credit card for your organization in Wisconsin or Illinois are:
- Purchase and travel protection
- Reduced problems with cash flow
- Easier and faster process when compared to loan qualification
- Expense categorization
- Personal expense separation
- Company credit building
- Unique perks
- Employee cards
- Streamlining employee expenses
- Earning rewards
- Access to account management tools
How do I qualify for a business credit card?
To qualify for a business credit card in Illinois and Wisconsin, you first need to provide proof of a favorable personal credit score. Some cards require demonstrated income, while others do not. From there, you can quality as a business owner if you’re a:
- Sole proprietor
- Owner of a small or large business
- Limited liability company
What should I know before getting a business credit card?
Before applying for a business credit card and starting your processing, it’s important to keep the following information in mind:
- Business credit is a lot different than personal credit.
- You don’t have to incorporate or register a business to apply for this type of card.
- Business credit cards feature different types of liability protection.
- You can choose a business card with unique rewards suited to your business.
- The application process for a business card is more detailed than when applying for a personal card.
- These cards usually have a lot higher credit limits.
- You can assign credit cards to your employees.
- Depending on the type of card you choose, your payment terms will be different than those found on personal credit cards.
Who’s the leading provider of the best credit cards for new businesses in Wisconsin & Illinois?
Blackhawk Bank specializes in performing a wide range of professional banking services across Wisconsin and Illinois. We employ a team of knowledgeable professionals who make the entire process of opening a business credit card seamless.
With over 140 years of industry experience and professional knowledge, we have the expertise to help our clients choose the right option and offer quick business credit card processing for small, medium, and large businesses.
Besides setting up your business credit card account, we can also assist you with Smart Pay implementation within your organization, truly comprehensive financial business management services, and other related services. Feel free to contact us to discuss your business needs.